Pointe Shoe Fitting
- Fitting would usually take approximately 30 to 40 minutes in order for us to give each dancer ample amount of time and attention that a pointe shoe fitting requires.
- Wear fitted comfortable clothing as you will be asked to plié. It is also important for your fitter to see your knees and feet at the start of your fitting, so either wear convertible tights or use the ballet socks provided in store. Also, make sure your toenails are trimmed.
- It’s always advisable to buy pointe shoes only if you know how the pointe shoes would fit your feet.
- Our pointe shoe fitters will provide tips and advice on how to sew pointe shoe accessories and elastics, ribbons, etc. because these will also vary depending on the dancer’s feet.
- Discuss with your ballet teacher as to whether you are ready to go onto pointe, some teachers will advise the student to undertake a Pre-Pointe assessment with a dance-related physiotherapist.
- Our Sonata Pointe Shoe Specialists are passionate individuals who are dedicated to helping dancers find a good pair of pointe shoes. All of them have a strong background and interest in dance and dance anatomy (we have dancers, dance teachers, physiotherapists amongst us), and have to complete our professional training curriculum to be a certified fitter.
- The training curriculum includes anatomy and injury prevention, workshops with international pointe shoe brands, and also at least 70 hands-on fittings to gain enough knowledge and experience to fit all types of dancers.
- Bloch, Gaynor Minden, Wear Moi, Merlet and Grishko are available at our Funan Flagship Store in Singapore.
- Every year, our pointe shoe specialists come together to evaluate all the pointe shoe models we have and decide on models to keep and new models to bring in based on our customers' needs. We work together with these brands by sharing our feedback with them so that they can work on improving and developing shoes for our climate and region's needs.
Let's be socially responsible!
- Please postpone your fitting session if you:
- Tested positive for COVID-19
- Have a fever or any flu-like symptoms
- You may make the changes to your booking via the link in your confirmation email. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
BOOK AN APPOINTMENT
- It is compulsory to book a Pointe Shoe Fitting Appointment.
- Book an appointment in the booking schedule below.
- Fittings are conducted at our Funan Flagship Store.
- You should receive a confirmation email after booking your appointment.
- If you did not receive any confirmation email, check your junk mail/spam inbox or contact the store at +65 6738 2018 / +65 6447 0070 to check and confirm that the appointment has been made.
CHANGING/CANCELLATION OF APPOINTMENT
- Please make the changes via the link in your confirmation email.
- Any last-minute cancellations or no-shows for appointments will affect your priority listings in future bookings. Booking accounts may be blocked for repeated no-shows.
SERVICE FEE (W.E.F. 1 OCT 2021)
From 1 Oct 2021, there will be a $10 Service Fee for Pointe Shoe Fitting appointments. Fees will be waived if a pointe shoe purchase is made, or at the discretion of the Pointe Shoe Specialist.
We will be implementing this fee as there are customers who:
- Have no intention of purchasing even though there is something that fits
- Are just trying and/or asking for a second opinion with no intention to purchase
It was not easy coming to this decision, as we hope to keep this service free for our customers. A lot of resources are put into training our fitters to ensure that they are equipped with the knowledge and experience to provide a valuable fitting service.
Our pointe shoe fitting is in high demand, and we hope that customers who are serious about purchasing a pair of pointe shoes will be able to book their fitting appointment.
The fitting service fee will be waived if a pointe shoe purchase is made, or at the discretion of the Pointe Shoe Specialist. Thank you for your understanding, and we hope to have a better experience for everyone.